Registered Nurses find employment in a wide variety of work environments, such as:
- Nursing homes
- Doctor's offices
- Health service organizations
- Community hospital
- Private clinic
- U.S. military
- Veteran's Administration Medical Centers,
You may choose to work in a major city, a small town, or even an isolated rural area. Opportunities exist almost everywhere!
Policies and Procedures
Nursing Information Sessions
In order to apply for the Nursing or LPN program at GCC, you must register for an information session. Please register for ONE session. Registering for more than one session or canceling with less than seven days notice will prevent you from attending future sessions for that term.
|Oct 08||5:00 PM - 7:30 PM||Nursing Information Session-Non LPN||Med Tech Room 214||Register »|
|Nov 05||1:30 PM - 4:00 PM||Nursing Information Session-Non LPN||Med Tech Room 214||Register »|
|Nov 20||5:00 PM - 7:30 PM||Nursing Information Session-Non LPN||Med Tech Room 214||Register »|
|Oct 20||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Nursing Information Session-LPN||Batavia, School of Nursing Room 214||Register »|
|Nov 14||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM||Nursing Information Session-LPN||Batavia, School of Nursing Room 214||Register »|
|Dec 16||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM||Nursing Information Session-LPN||Batavia, School of Nursing Room 211||Register »|
GCC's two-year Nursing program prepares you to pass the national R.N. licensing examination, and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). This program combines nursing theory with supervised real-world clinical experience on the site of regional health service providers. Unique to associate degree programs in WNY, the last semester of GCC's Nursing program includes a four week capstone/internship experience with an RN in a health care setting throughout the Western NY area.
The specialized knowledge and hours of practical experience you will gain through GCC's Nursing program will open doors to all kinds of practice settings. You will be free to pursue the rewards of helping people in a wide range of possible job settings.
You can also join the Nurse’s Club, which focuses on promoting leadership in Nursing. Members are also involved in the community by providing health information and making charitable contributions to health related organizations.
Did you Know?
- GCC's Nursing program has an NCLEX pass rate that is higher than both the New York State and National averages.
- We have an Advanced Placement program for LPN to RN students Currently licensed LPNs who qualify for the program can complete the nursing requirement in 2 semesters.
- Our two-year Nursing program prepares you to pass the national RN licensing examination.
- We offer clinical experiences in Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, Wyoming, Erie and Monroe counties.
- We incorporate technology in the Nursing program, with the use of PDAs, patient simulator mannequins, and hybrid classes.
- Our Nursing classes are offered in a classroom and online format.
- Our Nursing program has a state-of-the-art facility in the Med-Tech Park across from the Batavia campus.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Acute Care Nurses
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Critical Care Nurses
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary
- Registered Nurses
Please contact our Career Center for more information.