The continued growth of global retailing combined with the new dynamics of e-commerce has created a wide range of opportunities for both entrepreneurs and retail businesses. For creative and enthusiastic people, retail business management and entrepreneurship offers the potential for early career advancement and recognition for unique abilities.
Did you know that a majority of the Entrepreneurship program can be completed online?
- Entrepreneurship AAS (75% or more can be completed online)
- Entrepreneurship CERT (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
We offer a well-equipped retail business management laboratory featuring a professionally lit display window for you to gain practical experience in visual merchandising and creative display techniques. You will take field trips to industry locations in international and domestic locales. Some students engage in credit-bearing travels to Europe, a field trip to New York City, or an excursion to Toronto-evaluating and comparing international and domestic retailing, marketing, and entrepreneurial enterprises.
To make your learning relevant to the working world, the program blends classroom preparation with a full-time internship, expanding your opportunities for employment after graduation.
The Entrepreneurship program prepares you for supervisory responsibilities in a wide range of industries. You will receive a broad base of knowledge in:
- Operations management
- Merchandise management
- Information technology
- Sales, marketing
- Human relations
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Energy Brokers
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Parts Salespersons
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Sales and Related Workers, All Other
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Travel Agents
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- SUNY College at Buffalo
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.