Many organizations are searching for employees who earned a degree in Fine Arts to work in a variety of businesses and locations including:
- Architectural and engineering firms
- Art galleries and auction houses
- Elementary and secondary schools
- Independent production companies
- Museums and historical societies
- Photo agencies and studios
- Retail stores
Did you know that a majority of the Fine Arts program can be completed online?
- Fine Arts AS (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
As a Fine Arts student at GCC, you will enjoy classes in Two-Dimensional Design, Painting, Photography, Museum Practice, and Craft Fundamentals. Electives such as Computer Graphics, Stagecraft, Introduction to Theatrical and Scene Design will round out your Fine Arts experience at GCC.
You will also benefit from the outstanding arts facilities which feature:
- Well-equipped and naturally lit art studios for painting, drawing, pottery and jewelry making
- The 328-seat Stuart Steiner Theater with a full scene shop, costume shop and dressing rooms
- State-of-the-art computer graphics lab; an acoustically designed music studio
- A dance and rehearsal studio
Students may be asked to submit a portfolio for acceptance into the program.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Art Directors
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Artists and Related Workers, All Other
- Craft Artists
- Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Gem and Diamond Workers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Precious Metal Workers
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- SUNY College at Buffalo
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.