Genesee Promise Plus
for Seniors Graduating High School
Who is Eligible for Genesee Promise Plus (GPP)?
Every Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County June 2016 or January 2016 graduating high senior is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one or two summer 2016 courses at GCC.
This also includes students in Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools.
- GLOW area homeschool students who have graduated between January 1 – June 30, 2016 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- ACE students outside the GLOW area who are graduating in June 2016 or January 2016 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED in 2016 are eligible for a GPP scholarship.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for either Summer Session. Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
- Student must apply and register online, and complete and mail in the one-page GCC Promise Plus Scholarship Application.
- Student must complete the Residency Form.
- Parental approval/signature is required if under 18 years of age.
- All GPP Seniors/Graduates should meet with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP juniors are non-matriculated students for summer. (Come see us and we will explain!)
- GPP Senior/Graduate can select up to two courses (either 3 or 4 credit hours) for a total of 8 credit hours.
Application deadline: June 24, 2016
For further information contact:
Director of Admissions/Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services
Genesee Community College
One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020
585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC
Completed forms can also be dropped off at any GCC Campus Center