The Genesee Community College Foundation promotes philanthropy and volunteer support on behalf of Genesee Community College. Since its founding in 1986, the Foundation has assisted in the development of new student scholarship programs, a capital fundraising campaign culminating in the construction of the Conable Technology Building, the Wolcott J. Humphrey III Student Union and the College Village, amongst other initiatives.
The Genesee Community College Foundation, through its leadership initiatives, collaborates with Genesee Community College in its efforts to promote academic excellence, accessibility to higher education, and economic vitality in the GLOW region.
The Genesee Community College Foundation has five goals:
- Excellence - Recognize and encourage academic excellence at Genesee Community College, and provide financial support to academically talented students.
- Access - Help provide a Genesee Community College education to all qualified students living in Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, and Wyoming counties, regardless of their ability to afford a college education.
- Vitality - Promote the economic vitality and growth of industry in the region.
- Involvement - Provide avenues for community involvement in the College.
- Capital - Provide capital resources that foster superior education and service to students.
About The Foundation
To both fulfill the Mission Statement and meet the set goals, the Foundation:
- Receives funds through the volunteer-driven annual fund raising campaign, special fund raising events, and through thoughtfully planned bequests and deferred gifts.
- Manages funds through a conservative cash management and investment program.
- Provides careful stewardship of funds and other assets through annual audited financial reports and communication with donors.
- Disburses funds through a thoughtful planning process.
The Foundation serves three constituencies:
- Genesee Community College by raising funds in support of needs and opportunities, and channeling those funds to Genesee Community College in the form of grants. This financial support helps enrich and transform the College each year.
- The College's students by providing scholarships and other financial assistance to those who exhibit academic talent, critical unmet financial needs, or who show promise in careers critical to the region's economic well-being.
- Our many supporters by providing expert guidance in charitable gift planning, and by offering opportunities for donors to establish their own named funds in support of cherished programs or causes.