Genesee Community College will be the center of educational excellence and innovation; empowering individuals, organizations and communities to meet the demands of a changing world.
Dedicated to meeting the changing needs of individuals and the community, Genesee Community College, a public, open-admission, student-centered college, commits to providing educational experiences which promote intellectual and social growth, workforce and economic development, and global citizenship.
Our Six Strategic Priorities
- Student Readiness and Access
- Student Success and Completion
- Faculty and Staff Success
- Economic Development and Impact
- College Culture
View the entire Strategic Plan 2.66 MB
Institution-level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation from a degree program at Genesee Community College, students will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Communication Skills. Graduates demonstrate essential skills necessary to communicate ideas clearly and precisely.
- Scientific and Mathematical Reasoning. Graduates demonstrate scientific and/or mathematical reasoning in problem solving.
- Information Literacy and Technology. Graduates use various inquiry tools and different formats to search for information that enhances the acquisition of knowledge.
- Creative and Critical Thinking. Graduates engage in critical analysis and creative problem solving.
- Global Citizenship and Wellness in a Diverse World. Graduates explore the relevance of current and historical human interconnectedness.