Genesee Promise Plus
for Juniors in High School/Home School Students
Who is Eligible for Genesee Promise Plus (GPP)?
Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County high school juniors, also known as "rising seniors," including homeschool students, who have finished their junior year of high school are eligible for a GPP Scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one course up to four credits.*
This also includes students in Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for any course during the Summer Session running May 26 – August 8, 2014. Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
- Student must complete and mail in the one-page GCC Promise Plus Scholarship Application.
- Student must complete the online General GCC Admission Application.
- Student must complete the Residency Form.
- Parental approval/signature is required.
- All GPP Juniors ("rising seniors") should meet with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP juniors are non-matriculated students for summer. (Come see us and we will explain!)
- The GPP Junior can select any one 3-credit, Summer Session 2 course, depending on the results of the placement test.
Application deadline: June 27, 2014
For further information contact:
Director of Admissions/Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services
Genesee Community College
One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020
585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC