Genesee Promise Plus
for Adult Students who have never attended college before
Who is Eligible for Genesee Promise Plus (GPP)?
Any adult student who received a GED prior to May 1, 2014 or graduated high school in December 2013 or earlier from any Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming County school or from Royalton Hartland, Pioneer, Springville, Holland, Wayland-Cohocton, Honeoye Falls-Lima, Lima Christian, Akron, West Valley, Fillmore, Rush-Henrietta, Wheatland Chili, Churchville Chili, Bloomfield, Brockport, Ellicottville, Franklinville and Barker Schools is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one or two summer 2014 courses at GCC.
- GPP Adult Students must be a new college student. Adult Promise Plus students cannot have transferred from any other college or university, readmitted from GCC from prior enrollment, or be a continuing GCC college student.
- GPP Scholarship funding is available for any on campus Summer Session courses which run July 7 – August 9, 2014.
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED Diploma and never attended college before are eligible for up to two free summer courses, regardless of age.
- Eligibility for Online courses are only available for GPP Adult students by special request and approval from a GCC academic advisor.
- Placement testing may be required to qualify for courses with prerequisites.
- GPP Adults students must register for Summer and Fall admission. (GCC Admission application is FREE.)
- Student must complete and mail in the one-page GCC Promise Plus Application.
- Student must complete the online General GCC Admission Application.
- Student must submit high school transcript.
- Student must complete the Residency Form.
- All GPP Adult Students should meet with a GCC advisor or a Campus Center associate on an individual basis to ensure eligibility. It should be noted that all GPP Adults are non-matriculated students for summer. (Come see us and we will explain!)
- GPP Adult students are eligible for any one 3-credit course in the Summer of 2014.
Application deadline: June 27, 2014
For further information contact:
Director of Admissions/Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services
Genesee Community College
One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020
585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC