As new alumni initiatives continue to grow, the need for volunteers increases. From Phonathons to special event planning, we need your help. Please consider volunteering for one of the many opportunities listed below. Not only will your efforts benefit students and the College, but you will also have opportunities to reconnect with fellow alumni as you help. Alumni will also find it invigorating to be back on campus and interacting with our students.
- Alumni Speakers Bureau – Alumni volunteers will be available to speak to classes, clubs, organizations on a variety of topics to include – careers, social science, global issues, health, law, public policy, technology and many other fields of expertise. Speakers will share their insights during a lecture series, workshop, or panel discussion.
- Career Mentor – Genesee alum will be paired with a student to act as a point of contact for career information. The alum will be a resource for questions to assist the student in making continuing education and career decisions. Mentors use their experience in the work force to help a student succeed.
- Career Connections – Sit on a panel of alumni experts returning to talk about their GCC education, further educational endeavors, and their chosen career field. Students will have an opportunity to ask questions of panel members. One evening will be scheduled for alumi career panels in various fields to meet with students. Volunteer to offer your expertise to our students.
- Phonathon - Leaders are needed for two annual phonathons. Each fall and spring, we call alumni and friends to raise money for Annual Fund. These are great ways to re-connect with fellow alum, exchange information and provide an opportunity for people to financially support Genesee. Come join the fun!
- Data Updates and Mailings – Assist with updating addresses, phone numbers and email address of some of our alum.
- Events – Assist in planning an event from conception to completion for fellow alumni and friends.
- Class or Affinity Group Representative - If your bond to Genesee involves a team, club or group other than your class year, and you would like to facilitate their reunion, the Alumni Office can help. We can provide names, numbers and addresses of these former friends, as well as assistance in the coordinating an on-campus reunion.
To volunteer call 343-0055 ext.6265 or email email@example.com