New Students: Advisement and Registration Information
Congratulations on your decision to attend Genesee Community College! The next step is to register for classes. If you have submitted your ACT or if you have completed Compass Testing, please call the Advisement Office at (585) 345-6805 to register for a date and time of a New Student Registration Session. Walk-ins will not be admitted to New Student Registration.
At the session you will:
- receive a checklist to complete all items necessary to attend
- become familiar with using the college catalog
- identify major (or change major, if necessary)
- understand course sequencing and prerequisites for specific classes
- review program of study and learn what courses will be required (an academic advisor will be available)
- learn how to register for classes on the web using Genesis
- select courses and plan a class schedule
- complete registration for classes
- print your class schedule
Questions? Contact the Advisement Office at 585-345-6805.