Legal Careers Academy
What is the Legal Careers Academy?
Career Pathways Legal Careers Academy is a one year partnership program between Genesee Valley Educational Partnership and Genesee Community college for highly motivated high school seniors interested in investigating careers in the legal field. In addition to earning 15 college credits, students explore multidisciplinary legal professions through job shadows and internships at a variety of law enforcement and legal facilities.
How Do I Apply?
What Else Should I Know?
- Download our Information Packet 503 KB
- Download our Brochure 779 KB
- Students are responsible for payment of college tuition. Credit hour cost for academy students is currently $55 which is 1/3 of the regular GCC tuition rate.
- Students will receive a GCC ID and have access to college facilities including: computer labs, athletic facilities, library databases, and GCC email
- Field trips including Monroe County Sheriff's Department Training Facility, Genesee County Sheriff's Department and 911, Genesee and Monroe County courthouses (Drug Court, arraignments and trials) and full-access tour of Attica Prison.
- Job Shadows and Internships, including Rochester Police Department, District Attorney’s Office, Batavia Fire Department, Genesee Justice, Criminal Psychologist, Family Court, and Child Protective Services
- Jump start your college career with 15 college credits: