New York State High School Equivalency Diploma
To assist homeschool families, the ACE Office developed a Homeschool Admissions Checklist 398 KB by discipline, based 24 earned college credit hour policy for a New York State Education Department’s High School Equivalency Diploma 0 B. Most of the courses on the 24 Credit Hour Academic Check List are held at GCC’s campus centers, and are available as open registration classes for homeschool students. Please note the following:
- Students under the age of 18 pay the ACE rate of $55 per credit hour for courses on the approved list.
- Tuition balance is paid through a scholarship fund; however withdrawing from any courses makes the student responsible for the full Genesee Community College regular tuition charges.
- Courses fulfill high school equivalency and credit transfer requirements.
- Students must schedule the “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) exam before they can register to be certain they aren't over or under challenged by the courses they take.
- College Prep courses (MAT 091, MAT 092, ENG 091, REA 091) can be taken by ATB placement. These courses will be covered by the scholarship, but do not count toward the 24 credit hours for the High Equivalency Diploma.