Placement test scores are required for all new incoming and transfer students for placement into reading, English and math classes. Students who have ACT scores on file in the Admission's office are not required to take the College's COMPASS placement test.
The COMPASS placement test is an untimed computerized test, that helps you and your academic advisor select classes and plan an appropriate course of study. The test is not used to determine admission to the college.
- Photo ID is required for testing.
- No appointment is necessary.
- COMPASS testing is available at all Campus Centers.
- Allow approximately 2 hours for completion of the placement test.
- A sample test is available.
- There is no charge for the test.
- Prepare for the COMPASS Placement Test 334 KB
Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please notify Margaret Heater, Assistant Dean of Student Development at (585) 343-0055 extension 6475.
Do you live outside of the Western New York State area? We have information about possible placement testing in your area.