The Leadership Certificate Program is a new initiative to help students improve upon their existing skills and ability to be a leader. Open to all students, this program is designed to prepare students as leaders in the workplace and in their community. While students do not receive academic credit for attending these seminars and workshops, they will receive recognition for completing it on their final academic transcripts.
To complete the Leadership Certificate and have it appear on your transcript, you must complete the following requirements:
Fill Out an Application 0 B
- LEAD 100: Your Life and Leadership
This course will be offered a few times throughout the semester
One Capstone Course (Choose from one of the following)
- LEAD 200: Modern Leadership Issues Seminar
- LEAD 201: Student Paraprofessional Development Seminar (Designed for Student Leaders)
- LEAD 202: Orientation Leadership Seminar
- LEAD 203: Resident Assistant Seminar
- LEAD 204: Multi-Cultural Communications Seminar
- LEAD 205: Fashion Business Seminar
- LEAD 206: Tourism & Hospitality Management Business Seminar
- LEAD 207: Fine and Performing Arts
Experience In Leadership
You will complete 120 hours by actively participating in one of the following categories:
- Internship: Part-Time position, Volunteer position, or Summer job
- Serving Learning: Study Abroad/Away
- Student Volunteer Position at GCC
- Student Leadership Position at GCC
- Create Your Own (See your Leadership Coordinator)
- LEAD 300: E-Portfolio. Over the course of 3 sessions, you will develop an E-portfolio.
Leadership Development Workshops
Presentations will take place during Common Hours and evenings. Students must attend 10 of the Leadership Development Workshops that are offered during their enrollment in the Leadership Certificate program.
The Students Activities Office also provides information on how students can include their participation in these activities on a Co-Curricular Resume, an official document of the college that is provided to any student who is interested in obtaining a “competitive edge” to bring to future employers and four-year schools!
For more information please contact the Student Activities Office at SA@genesee.edu or 585-343-0055 x6261. Or feel free to stop by the Student Activities Office (S115) in the Student Union.