NEW! Personal Trainer Certification Program
The BEST Center has partnered with the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) to provide this unique national fitness instructor training program.
This challenging course is presented over a 9 week period for better retention and skill competency. This 62 hour course includes 18 hours of lecture, 18 hours of practical training and a 30-hour internship. Topics include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, and equipment usage and health assessment. This is the only course of its kind in the industry!
After successfully completing this course students will be able to:
1. Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology, and exercise physiology;
2. Assess an indivdual's level of fitness using ACSM guidelines;
3. Design and customize exercise programs;
4. Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory, and flexibility exercises;
5. Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group; and
6. Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
W.I.T.S. is the only certifying body in the country providing comprehensive practical training and internship. The 30 hour internship, adult CPR & AED are required prior to issuance of national certification.
Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions document!
Program will run:
February 14 - April 18, 2015
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
GCC Batavia Campus
Fee: $795 (includes textbook)
Registration will open after December 1st.
A free Information and orientation session is recommended for anyone interested in the fitness profession or in becoming a nationally certified personal trainer. RSVP required.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
GCC Batavia Campus, Conable Technology Building