I want to get the word out to people about Intramurals. Not just the players who are there semester-in and semester-out, but to the people who don`t think Intramurals is for them, but they're willing to give it a shot.
~ Jon Phillips
GCC offers a variety of intramural activities. The intramural program is designed to provide an active forum for all students, faculty and staff members. It is a great opportunity to stay active and meet new people!
Upcoming and current events are posted throughout campus on a regular basis. Suggestions for new and creative programs are actively sought and appreciated.
GCC offers a total of 12 intramural sports throughout the year. Sports are divided into two sections; fall and Spring Semester. For each semester, sports are divided into two modules.
Intramural / Club Hockey: For information about how you can get involved into a new program (club hockey) at Genesee please email Skip Sherman: email@example.com
To provide students the opportunity to participate in a variety of recreational sports and activities. The activities enable participants to make new friends, stay physically fit, enjoy competition and improve personal health. It is our hope participation in intramural sports will allow individuals experience with teamwork, leadership skills, and personal achievement to help create a positive enjoyable experience at GCC.
The Gymnasium is open to all students, staff and faculty during the following hours. Equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, badminton racquets, soccer balls, etc. is provided. Activities will be run by student demand- example: we will NOT pull out badminton racquets and nets if only two people are interested.”
Open Gym Schedule - Fall 2013
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 1:15-2:30pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:30pm-2pm
Saturday and Sunday: TBD starting in October
For more information, please contact Christie McGee-Ross.
Policies and Procedures
- Rules will be explained at the start of each intramural activity.
- Open sign up will be available. Teams will be created at the start of a game.
- Students are expected to act as adults
- Intramural Leagues generally run for about 4 weeks of round-robin play, followed by a single elimination tournament. Any team that does not forfeit out of the league makes it to play-offs. Teams have 1-2 games a week, based on the team availability.
- Open gym policies will be displayed during open hours
- Students must show their GCC ID and sign in
Intramural Sports Director