Physical Education Studies
Being a Physical Education major gives you the opportunity to teach and influence others on how to improve one's quality of life through physical activity. Share your enthusiasm for health, fitness, and sport with others.
Did you know that a majority of the Physical Education Studies program can be completed online?
- Physical Education Studies AS (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
GCC's Physical Education Studies program is strong due to its blend of liberal arts and science as well as an introduction to Physical Education theory.
This program also allows you to transfer and complete a Bachelor's Degree in a specific Physical Education area of your choice. You will also have the opportunity to earn coaching certification for New York State Non-Certified Physical Education Teachers.
The most rewarding aspect of being a part of Health and Physical Education is being able to make a difference in an individual's life, and on a larger scale, the country's well-being. Some of the major issues facing our country concern weight and health. Selecting a career in a fitness and health-related field gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
- Health/PE Teacher
- Athletic Trainer
- Athletic Coach Nutritionist
- Fitness Instructor
- Exercise Physiologist
- College Health/PE Instructor/Professor
- Aquatics Director
- Health/Fitness Consultant
- Adaptive PE Specialist
- Aerobics Instructor
- Human Kinetics Specialist
- Sport Psychologist
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Dietitian
- Early Childhood Motor Skills Instructor
- Professional Sports Scout
- Sports Medicine
- NYS Coaching certification
- Water Safety Instruction
- Child Abuse Mandated Reporter
- Responding to Emergencies
- Adult, Infant, Child CPR
- AED Essentials
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Canisius College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY Cortland
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.