"A child's life is like a piece of paper,
on which every passerby makes a mark."
The Child Care Certificate program is designed to prepare students to become care-givers of young children. The program is also designed to upgrade the skills and knowledge of those already working with young children. Quality child care is an increasingly critical issue in today's world and the demands for qualified child care services have become an important necessity to the working population. The certificate program can be completed full time in two semesters (fall and spring).
The Child Care Certificate may be taken separately or as part of the Human Services AAS Degree program. Advantages of the certificate include:
- The need for qualified child-care providers has increased dramatically in recent years
- Students concentrate on becoming care-givers of young children
- Program can be completed in less than a year
- Child care services continue to be in high demand
- Students may apply restricted electives to CDA credential credit