Economic Crime Investigation
A degree in Economic Crime Investigation qualifies you to work in a wide range of crime prevention and investigative roles.
In the Economic Crime Investigation program, you will work with computers and electronic information as you gather, analyze, and preserve evidence. You may have the opportunity to work in many roles, including:
- Cyber-terrorism prevention
- Tax crime investigation
- Identity theft investigation
- Card fraud
Advances in technology, economic trends and the current global political climate are insuring that white-collar crimes such as money laundering, health-insurance fraud, identity theft, and corporate account "book-cooking" are increasingly at the center of today's criminal activity. Corporate and government employers need qualified professionals with accounting, computer, and investigative skills capable of dealing with these contemporary types of crime.
Did you know that the Economic Crime Investigation program can be completed online?
- Economic Crime Investigation AS (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
GCC's Economic Crime Investigation program combines Criminal Justice, Accounting and Computer Science to place you at the cutting-edge of technology and job growth. Designed for those planning to transfer to baccalaureate colleges and universities, the program helps prepare you for entry-level careers in the field of investigation or prevention of white-collar crime.
The program is designed to allow you to choose among two concentrations: technology-based computer security or accounting-based financial investigation.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Compliance Managers
- Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
- Document Management Specialists
- Emergency Management Directors
- Financial Examiners
- Fire Inspectors
- Fire Investigators
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- First-Line Supervisors of Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Intelligence Analysts
- Investment Fund Managers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers
- Police Detectives
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Police Patrol Officers
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Security Managers
- Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs
- Transit and Railroad Police
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Hartwick College
- Hilbert College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Syracuse University
- Utica College
- Wells College
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.