Today, organizations generate mountains of information, and word processors play an important role in managing them. Office Support Technicians help organizations keep up with the rapid changes characteristic of the Information Age.
Did you know that a majority of the Office Assistant program can be completed online?
- Office Assistant CERT (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
GCC's Office Assistant program will prepare you for employment through an introduction to software such as word processing, electronic spreadsheets, and databases. You will develop essential business communication skills and study fundamentals of accounting and office procedures.
GCC's Office Assistant program includes two cooperative work experiences with outside firms to expand your knowledge of real-world business operations.
It is your choice to apply your courses toward the Administrative Assistant degree program or Medical Office Assistant Certificate.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Customer Service Representatives
- Data Entry Keyers
- Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Freight Forwarders
- Insurance Claims Clerks
- Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Office Clerks, General
- Patient Representatives
- Procurement Clerks
- Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Word Processors and Typists
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.