Medical Administrative Assistant
Over the past few years, federal rules of reimbursement for Medicare and Medicaid have changed and medical billing has moved to an electronic format. This creates a need for specially trained office staff in the medical field.
Medical secretaries are educated in:
- Medical terminology
- Office technology
- Medical office procedures
Did you know that a majority of the Medical Administrative Assistant program can be completed online?
- Medical Administrative Assistant AAS (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
The Medical Administrative Assistant Program will prepare you with the necessary skills to enter the medical workforce in doctor's offices, hospitals, and other facilities.
Paired with GCC's Administrative Assistant program, you will be able to focus your skills in the medical field.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Administrative Services Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Compliance Managers
- Computer Programmers
- Computer User Support Specialists
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Medical Secretaries
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.