Computer repair technicians set up, maintain, and repair stand alone and networked personal computers. This includes businesses, ATM machines, and office machines. Repairers often do their work on-site, traveling to customer locations for large or stationary machines.
Did you know that a majority of the Computer Repair program can be completed online?
- Computer Repair CERT (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
At GCC, you can complete the program in one year of full time study. In addition, your course work can be applied to earning an A.A.S. degree in GCC's Computer Systems and Network Technology.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Computer Programmers
- Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Software Developers, Applications
- Software Developers, Systems Software
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Franklin University
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Paul Smith's College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Fredonia
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
- Western Governors University
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.