Human Services employees are called upon to provide a wealth of services to people at every stage of life, from infancy to senior adulthood. The Human Services field encompasses hundreds of different careers in both public and private organizations. Common to all of these Human Services careers is one underlying goal: to help those in need overcome obstacles, and learn to lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
Did you know that a majority of the Human Services program can be completed online?
- Human Services AAS (50% or more can be completed online)
- Human Services AS (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
At GCC, you can choose to specialize in a particular field within Human Services, such as:
- Substance abuse
- Youth and adolescent services
- Family services
- Legal services
- Child care services
- Developmental disabilities
With a Human Services degree, you have the option to change your position and speciality throughout your career. It is not uncommon to move into:
- Human services management
- Social work
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Community and Social Service Specialists, All Other
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Social and Community Service Managers
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Daemen College
- Medaille College
- Nazareth College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Buffalo
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.