GCC's Digital Art program emphasizes the role of computer technology in creative expression. Courses will develop your skills in animation, digital video, graphic design and web design, as well as more traditional techniques such as photography and drawing. You will also gain experience in major graphic design software including Photoshop and Illustrator.
Did you know that a majority of the Digital Art program can be completed online?
- Digital Art AAS (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
You will have access to GCC's Digital Art Lab featuring state of the art Mac Computers and industry-standard software for illustration, photo editing, page layout, animation, website design and more. Internship opportunities with local businesses and the student design group AppleCore offers hands-on experience to supplement your coursework.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
- Art Directors
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Artists and Related Workers, All Other
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Designers, All Other
- Fashion Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Interior Designers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Postsecondary Teachers, All Other
- Set and Exhibit Designers
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY Buffalo
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.