Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Computer Sys & Network Technology Courses:
|CSN217 - Cooperative Education|
Catalog Description: Participation in a cooperative business/organization for the purpose of gaining experience in business operations, management, and networking computing which are related to career and academic objectives. Prerequisite: Successful completion of CSN 202 or 12 credit hours of CSN and/or CIS courses.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
At the successful completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Observe and critique industry professionals in the workplace as documented by daily journal entries.
2. Successfully perform all responsibilities assigned during a 150- to 240-hour field experience, as documented by a final evaluation completed by the field supervisor.*
3. Demonstrate appropriate conduct in the workplace as documented by a 4 to 6 page self-critique paper.
4. Develop a minimum of three new skills necessary effective functioning within the workplace as documented by daily journal entries.
5. Demonstrate effective communication skills as documented by a final evaluation completed by the field supervisor.
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the College's Comprehensive Assessment Plan. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data (see Assessing Student Learning Outcomes form) and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Assessment and Special Projects.
Effective Term: Fall 2005