Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
Computer Information Systems Courses:
|CIS223 - Multimedia With Flash|
Catalog Description: Presents FLASH, an extremely powerful vector graphics software for creating dynamic, animated content ranging from basic linear animations to entire websites. Develops skills to create simple, yet impressive animations that can be added to web sites or published as soft-running FLASH Player files. Creates professional and eye-catching interactive content using symbols and instances, actions, sound and FLASH's testing capabilities. Prerequisite or Corequisite: CIS 113 or ART 209.
Lecture: 4 hrs.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
Students will be able to:
1. Create and format static and dynamic text.
2. Import artwork from other programs for use in a FLASH project-import FIREWORKS and PHOTOSHOP pictures and Fireworks pictures.
3. Manipulate objects on the Stage, including selecting, moving, copying, deleting, and transforming them
4. Navigate in the FLASH environment to build projects efficiently
5. Perform frame-by-frame and tweened animations, shape tweening and motion tweening
6. Publish projects for use on the Web
7. Use FLASH's drawing tools to create simple and complex objects
8. Utilize object interaction on a single layer to combine and segment objects
9. Add sound to FLASH movies
10. Apply advanced ActionScript techniques to create and evaluate the position of an object, and dynamically set properties of an object
11. Create animated sequences using frame-by-frame and tweened animations
12. Implement the three types of symbols and instances in at least one animation.
13. Use ActionScript to create basic interactivity, such as image rollovers, GoTo frame actions and GetURL actions
14. Use the testing environment to optimize FLASH movies, and publish and export FLASH movies
15. Use other Drawing software such as Fireworks combined with Dreamweaver to create a Thumbnail page
16. Use Flash to make an animated version of your thumbnail page. Also use Fireworks and Dreamweaver in this project and create a photo Album, Animated with Flash*
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
Lesson 1: Introduction to the FLASH Workspace
Lesson 2: Drawing Tools
Lesson 3: Fills and Gradients
Lesson 4: Introduction to Layers
Lesson 5: Tour of other FLASH Sites
Lesson 6: Importing Artwork
Lesson 7: Symbols, Instances and the Library
Lesson 8: Animation
Lesson 9: Scenes, Action and Buttons
Lesson 10: Sound
Lesson 11: More Actions
Lesson 12: Publish and using FLASH with other Macromedia Software
Lesson 13: Automating FLASH with ActionScript
Lesson 14: FLASH Communications and Using Forms
Lesson 15: Interactivity, working with Multiple Movies and Delivery Methods
Effective Term: Fall 2012