- President's Scholarship - A prestigious scholarship awarded to students graduating in the top ten percent of their high school classes, or earning cumulative grade point averages of 90 or greater. The President's Scholarship guarantees students full tuition.
- Honors Awards - Stipends provided to students admitted to Genesee's Honors Program. These students commit to a rigorous program of independent research and participation in one-to-one faculty mentoring. Awards are usually $200.
- Lifelong Learning Awards - Scholarships granted to students who are working in professional positions and who exhibit the potential for leadership in their organizations or in the community. Lifelong learning awards range from several hundred dollars to full tuition.
- Other Merit Awards - Other scholarships, in varying amounts, provided to students who exemplify academic excellence and potential.
- Program Scholarships - Scholarships granted to students pursuing study or participation in specific fields. The Foundation sponsors scholarships in Nursing, Hospitality Management, Business, Theatre Arts, Athletics, and a growing number of other programs. Scholarships typically range from $250 to $1,000.
- Community Scholarships - Scholarships granted to deserving students living in specific communities. These scholarships typically range from $250 to $1,000.
- Corporate and Organizational Scholarships - Scholarships granted to employees or members of specific organizations, funded by those organizations. Awards typically range from $250 to $1,000.
- Recognition Awards - Awards granted to students who exemplify qualities of service or leadership, usually in the $500 range.
- Need-Based Awards - Grants made to deserving students who face unmet financial need that might, in turn, hinder their ability to enter or remain in college. Award amounts vary.
- Emergency Awards - Grants made to deserving students who face short-term financial emergencies that might prevent them from entering or remaining in college. Award amounts vary.
- Citizenship Scholarship - $1,000 awards granted to residents of College Village in recognition of their service and leadership in school, community, and other settings.
- Conable Technology Building - During the 1999-2000 period, the Foundation embarked on a capital fund raising program which raised funds in support of the new Conable Technology Building (opened August 2000) and other Batavia Campus improvements
- Equipment Grants - Capital funds granted to the College to use for the purchase of critical technology-related equipment not available through other sources.
- Wolcott J. Humphrey Student Union (2006) - During the 2004-2005 year, the Foundation raised almost $900,000 to aid in the construction of a new student union and upgrades to College Village.
- President's Innovative Award Program - Awards made to members of the college community to fund innovative new programs or initiatives that foster strong ties between the college and community.
- College Village - In Fall 2008, the Foundation – through its not-for-profit affiliate, constructed three new buildings and expanded occupancy from 300 to 380 students.
Family of Funds
Over the years, many supporters have created funds to promote study in a favorite academic program, honor a loved one, or help meet other special needs.
These named funds help provide scholarships, meet College needs, and help us take advantage of new opportunities. The Foundation now holds and manages more than 80 funds.